IBM CICS Online Training
CICS refer to "Customer Information Control System." It is a multipurpose transaction processing subsystem for the z/OS operating system. CICS provide with services for running an application online, by request, at the same time as numerous other users are submitting requests to run the same applications, utilizing the same files and programs. CICS controls the sharing of resources, the integrity of data and prioritization of execution, with fast response. CICS permits users, allocates resources, and passes on database requests by the application to the suitable database manager. We could say that CICS acts like, and performs various functions as the z/OS operating system. A CICS application is a collection of related programs that together carry out a business operation, like processing a travel request or preparing a company payroll. CICS applications execute under the CICS control, utilizing CICS services and interfaces to access programs and files.
The features of CICS are as follows −
- CICS is an operating system in itself, as it manages its own processor storage, has its own task manager which handles execution of multiple programs, and provides its own file management functions.
- CICS provides online environment in batch operating system. Jobs submitted are executed instantly.
- CICS is a generalized transaction processing interface.
- It is possible to have two or more CICS regions at the same time, as CICS runs as a batch job in the operating system at the back-end.
No prior knowledge is needed. A basic knowledge of COBOL programming MVS and TSO/ISPF subsystem will help you grasp the concepts of CICS better.
- CICS System Programmer salary in IBM ranges between ₹ 4.5 Lakhs to ₹ 6.2 Lakhs. This is an estimation is based on salaries received from employees of IBM.
- Average IBM CICS System Programmer salary in India is approximately ₹ 6 Lakhs per annum.
- CICS System Programmer salary at IBM ranges between ₹ 4.5 Lakhs to ₹ 10 Lakhs. According to our estimates it is at par with the average CICS System Programmer Salary in Software Product Companies.
Users of IBM CICS?
The prime users of CICS are Fortune 500 companies that rely on rapid online transaction processing as a mission-critical core of their business. CICS users involve insurance companies, telecommunications companies, governments, airlines, the hospitality industry, banks, stock brokerage houses and credit card processing companies. IBM CICS training will give you enough understanding on CICS from where you can take yourself to higher levels of expertise.